September 3, 2015

How to do super large doll eyes ♥ makeup tutorial





Hey my little dollies!


As the title says, I created a collage to show you cuties how I do my super large doll eyes. Many of you already asked how I do my makeup - so I thought a tutorial would be fine! I originally wanted to do the tutorial as a video and film it for youtube, but I don't have the stuff I need to film videos yet... so bare with the collage! 
The makeup is quite simple if you know how to apply false lashes or apply eyeliner. I wouldn't consider it a beginner makeup, but neither a pro tutorial as well. Oh, and I'm not a makeup expert or anything, I just do stuff and see if it looks good in my opinion. (Except for the eyebrows, I just have no clue how to do them ;3;) All my makeup products are from drugstores because I'm actually a cheap girl (aren't we all somewhere? xD) and I barely ever spend a lot of money on makeup.

So let's get started!


What I used:

- Simple matte brown eyeshadow in a light, a medium and a dark shade
- Black eyeliner
- Eyelash curler
- False eyelashes from eBay, both top and bottom lashes
- Highlighter pen
- Pink lipstick
- Pink lipliner
- Circle Lenses: EOS Super Nudy Blue (review incoming soon!)




1. Start with a clean eye. Put on your circle lenses first, so if you tear a little bit like me, your makeup won't be ruined. Then, I apply concealer and set it with powder underneath my eye. 

2. Apply a medium brown eyeshadow all over your lid (you don't see it well in the pictures, but it's there to help blending!). Then take a darker shade of brown, put in in your crease and bleeeend it. Blending is really important, though I sometimes don't blend enough as well *sigh*. For the last step, put the lightest shade directly underneath your eyebrows. It'll make them look more clean and will brighten your face a bit.

The lightest shade (to highlight the eyebrows) is the one on the left, the medium shade is the second from the left and the dark one that I use on the crease, I use the one on the very right!

3. Apply eyeliner directly above your natural lashline. Start on the very inner corner of your eye. You can go as thin or thick as you prefer - if you have a hooded eye like I have on my right, don't apply it too thick! (And yes, I just have one hooded eye - naturally I didn't take it for the pictures though :D)

4. Imagine your lashline would be extended and elongate your eyeliner for ~ 3 mm. It gives this huge doll looking effect.

5. Tip: to see where you should end the elongated eyeliner, squinch your eyes like you'd laugh and you'll see that you have natural eyebags - don't go below them.

6. (Optional) Curl your lashes if you have straight ones like me.

7. Apply two coats of mascara. If they get a bit chunky like mine did in the picture, it doesn't really matter because the false lashes will cover that anyways.

8. Take your falsies, try them on and cut them if they're too long. Tip: Always cut from the end with the longer lashes! If you cut the short ones away, there'll be an unlovely "cut" between your real lashes and the false ones. The tiny lashes help to blend - so never cut them away.

9. Apply a thin coat of eyelash glue on the false eyelashes band. Wait a few seconds so it can dry and put them as close as possible to your lashline. Remember you elongated the lashline - so let the falsies not end where your natural eye would end, but where the elongated eyeliner ends.

10. Take the darkest shade of your eyeshadow again and apply it on the outer 1/3 under your eye. Take a highlighter pen or a really light, shimmery eyeshadow and highlight the inner 1/3. 

11. Cut your bottom lashes in little pieces, so you can apply them easier. Take your tweezers, hold the bottom false lashes with them and a apply a thin coat of eyelash glue on the lashband. Wait a few seconds again and place the falsies carefully directly under your natural lower lashline. Make sure to connect the bottom falsies to your top falsies though, so there won't be a lash-free gap. Tip: Place the lower falsies under your real bottom lashes. I really don't know how other makeup dolls are doing this, but it's what works best for me. And try to avoid sticking the glue on your real lashes - it'll hurt really much if you want to remove the falsies.

12. Repeat until you don't want more lower false eyelashes. Since mine are quite chunky, but also really dolly looking, 2 pieces with 2 chunks of falsies are enough for me. 

13. Close your eyes and go over your false lash-band with your eyeliner again, because really often it looks uneven.  If you want an even more dramatic look, draw on some lashes with your eyeliner. I often get really messy with it and just draw on 3 or 4 more thick lashes, but in my opinion it gives a whole another effect to your look. 

14. (Optional:) Line your lips with lipliner - I overdraw my lips quite often because they're thin, but you don't have to do this of course - and throw on some lipstick.


Optional and not shown in the pictures:  
1. If you have a dark or reddish inner rim of your eyes, take a white eye pencil and highlight the lower rim.
  2. If you have a great black eye pencil which doesn't smear, apply it on the upper rim of your eyes. I haven't found one which stays on it's place all day, so if I don't want to ruin my makeup within one hours, I don't apply it. But it gives an even larger eye effect!


*applause* FINISHED *applause*




(Had kind of an bad selfie day that day. Bare with me, I'm sorrü ♥♥♥)



So as you can see, it takes some steps until you finish your super large doll eyes look, but it's sooo worth it. I like to do this makeup whenever I feel fancy and have the time for it. Usually I dawdle around so I need extra much time for my makeup (I watch Youtube videos, eat something or watch League of Legends...) - that's why I can't really say how much time a usual person needs for this look xD But it's one of my favourite looks. 
Your eyes look sooo huge and like a doll ♥


So, what do you think about this look?
If you ever try it on yourself, I'd be super happy if you'd tag me in Instagram on it! Just tag @sugar.mew and I'll have a look c: 

It was kinda hard to describe everything, but I hope you all understood it
And if you have any questions, simply leave them down below, I'll answer them as soon as I can ^-^
But as always, it was a lot of fun for me!

Have a lovely time ♥




Check out my social media!
Instagram: @sugar.mew
Ask.fm: @sugarmew

Aaaand *brandnew* : 



14 comments :

  1. This is the perfect tutorial ! ;;____;; <3333
    it's so easy to understand and i love the result ; v ; <3
    Your eyes look so dolly and huge *o* <3
    I'll definetly try it when i get false lashes *Q* <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so so much twin ;;A;; ♥♥♥
      Yeeees when you'll get some you can try this out *///*

      Delete
    2. hehe i hope i can asap !! *O*<33
      I'll take 1000 selfies if it turns out great *^* xD
      but its a pity that i cant pair it with cute circle lenses ;^; </3

      Delete
  2. This is such a good tutorial! Well explained and good quality pictures :3 You look like a doll! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetheart *///* I love the collage so much tbh xD the selfies went kinda bad but at least the collage is good xD ♥♥♥

      Delete
  3. Your eyes are simply stunning and so are you <3 <3 <3 I have a quick question about circle lenses! How do you exactly find out your prescription for contacts? That is the only reason why I have never ordered them! I never know what to put haha
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you, you're so precious 💕 Go to the eye doctor to find it out, I'd always recommend it if you plan to buy contacts! They'll say if you can wear them (if you have astigmatism you can't for example) and if you need a prescription, they'll say how much c:

      Delete
  4. Lovely tutorial~! I have a quick question, where do you buy your circle lenses from? I haven't bought lenses before, so if you have any recommendations for stores, let me know.

    alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ♥♥ I can really recommend uniqso.com, but I think I'll finish a review about the shop and the lenses on Tuesday. So if you want more informations about them, you can stay tuned for it! ^-^

      Have a lovely day ♥

      Delete
  5. It seems like the lenses make the look more lovely and cute.
    would you like to follow each other on gfc? If you follow me,
    I will follow you back after it.
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they definitely make the makeup look completely different. That's what I love about Circle Lenses. c:
      I followed you on GFC! ♥

      Delete
  6. I love that lipstick colour ♥ you are so cute *mew* *mew* *w*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nyaaaa thank you so much sweetiepie! *////* Yeah the colour is rad, isn't it? *^* ♥♥

      Delete